To Fuck or to Love, THAT is the Question…

To fuck or to love.

That is the question.  Whether tis nobler of the cock to seek one vagina, or to take stock against a sea of pussy, and by fornicating, satisfy them.  To fuck.  To sleep with many.  And by a sleep to say we toss and turn together in a triumph of temptations of the thousand heinous acts that flesh is heir to.  Tis a consumation devoutly to be wished. 
When Shakespear wrote Hamlet, about a rich prince that hated his posh life, do you think old Willy was getting laid on a regular basis?  Is a relationship anything more then the promise that you can have sex on a semi-regular basis, and if we have the sex without the relationship, do we really need the relationship?
Sure, intimacy is important.  It’s important to have some sort of interaction with another entity for fear that we become so self-obsessed that we lose our connection to reality.  But I never thought reality was all that interesting to begin with.  Living in a dream world of figments and wishes can be much more satisfying.
Maybe I have it all wrong.  Maybe in order to appreciate the reality we have to give root to our dreams and create substance of them.  Existing only as dreams they are flimsy and easily faltered, but I don’t see reality as anything different.  Reality falls apart all to easily making me wonder if it is anything more substantial then the ideas in my head that come and go, drifting in and out.  Barely being born before it is shattered to a million pieces of pain and misery and sadness and regret.  Is that what love is?
But then again, relationships aren’t really about love.  I’ve been in relationships with people I didn’t love, and loved people I only fucked.  A perfect blow job is worth its weight in love.  No, it seems to me that relationships are more about stability.  Familiarity.  Comfort.  Actually it doesn’t sound so bad to want comfort, familiarity and stability in life, but in sex?  Sex is about pushing boundaries.  Sex is about expression and creativity and variety!  So where does stability fit into that?
Are relationships merely a construct of social expectation, or are they a necessity in the lives of culture growing ever lonlier?  Damn…That was damn near “Sex in the City” of me.  Except with less bitching and more dirty words.
As always, love, peace, and Love or Fucking, whichever you prefer, to you all.
I remain,
- G